Blob by Anne Appert
book, game, painting
Regular price £12.99
A humorous picture book featuring a blob (n. a creature that can be anything they want) about embracing who we are and the many things we can be. Blob is a creature of indeterminate kind. Blob can be a giraffe, cotton candy, and even an octopus. It’s not until a certain someone continuously calls them “Bob” that Blob starts to question who they really are. After a series of funny yet enlightening discoveries about all the possible things they can be, Blob realizes that the best thing to be is…Blob (with the L.)
Why reading is important for your little ones.
Sharing stories, talking and singing every day helps your child’s development in many ways.
Reading and sharing stories can:
- help your child get to know sounds, words and language, and develop early literacy skills
- learn to value books and stories
- spark your child’s imagination and stimulate curiosity
- help develop your child’s brain, ability to focus, concentration, social skills and communication skills
- help your child learn the difference between ‘real’ and ‘make-believe’
- help your child understand new or frightening events, and the strong emotions that come with them
- help your child learn about the world, their own culture and other cultures.
Sharing stories with your child doesn’t mean you have to read from the book.
Just by looking at books with your child and talking about them, you can be a great storyteller and a good model for using language and books. Your child will learn by watching you hold a book the right way and seeing how you move through the book by gently turning the pages.