A roaringly brilliant, colourful and funny large-format book all about dinosaurs from the talented wildlife illustrator and bestselling author, Matt Sewell Meet the huge Diplodocus, with a tail it could crack like a whip, the fearsome Utahraptor with claws as big as this book (pretty big!), and the spiked and armoured dinosaur known as the `horned devil from the river of death’. Using the latest research, these dinosaurs are shown as you’ve never seen them before. Armour-plated, razor-clawed, brightly-coloured or magnificently-feathered, these beasts of land, sea and air are truly awe-inspiring. Do you dare to enter? A must-have book for all dinosaur fans, young and old.
Why reading is important for your little ones.
Sharing stories, talking and singing every day helps your child’s development in many ways.
Reading and sharing stories can:
- help your child get to know sounds, words and language, and develop early literacy skills
- learn to value books and stories
- spark your child’s imagination and stimulate curiosity
- help develop your child’s brain, ability to focus, concentration, social skills and communication skills
- help your child learn the difference between ‘real’ and ‘make-believe’
- help your child understand new or frightening events, and the strong emotions that come with them
- help your child learn about the world, their own culture and other cultures.
Sharing stories with your child doesn’t mean you have to read from the book.
Just by looking at books with your child and talking about them, you can be a great storyteller and a good model for using language and books. Your child will learn by watching you hold a book the right way and seeing how you move through the book by gently turning the pages.
Reading stories with children has benefits for grown-ups too. The special time you spend reading together promotes bonding and helps to build your relationship with your child.